KidLit Forum

The Master Students in Children's Literature Meet Here
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 22:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2015 01:01 

What struck me since the beginning of this story was the unconditional love between Henry and his mom.Henry, a seven year boy, sets out in an impossible journey to find the plant of life which could save his mother's life. During his journey which lasted two years, seven months and six days Henry helped the endangered animals he met on his path (a crow, a cock and a frog),completed his tasks, has successfully overcome all the obstacles and finally found the plant of life.
Due to his kindness, patience and determination, Henry saved his beloved mother's life proving once more that in spite of being "little" he could pass all the obstacles in the name of parental love.
What's more interesting is the fact that even if now they have the possibility of having everything (the animals and the Giant offered Henry something in return for his help) they never asked for something useless.
The message of this fairy tale: good, obedient and loving children are always rewarded.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2015 14:12 

I like a lot this fairy tale...It respects the criteria I couldn't really remember on our exam :( : the episodic narrative, indefinite setting, formulaic language and abstract style. In terms of purpose I think that this FT has a utopian one (Jack Zipes ) which is meant to change the world, to make it an ideal one, to build a perfect world. This was the main purpose , in my opinion, for writing such a beautiful story.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]